Thursday, November 25, 2010

Blocked.

BLOCKED. Simple word. Means you don't have access to something or someone. From getting calls blocked to blocking people on facebook. What does it mean?! That you have suddenly stopped existing for the person who blocked you. That they just can't take enough of you anymore.
Or is it just their way of being angry at you! How people get angry and say, "I don't want to talk to you anymore" now, like we used to do in first grade when we had a fight with our friends.

Maybe, it is. Maybe, as things get better, when all the anger diffuses, everyone comes back to each others' lives(until the next fight, of course). But is it that easy? Pick and drop people like that. Its not just facebook you are dealing with. Its not just made up profiles. these are real people, who feel hurt when blocked and happy and relieved when unblocked.

The bigger point is, do the blocked find it as easy to just kick the blocker out! No! Obviously.
well not so obviously. But it doesn't matter much when it is mutual. But when it isn't, that's when the real break comes. Why would friends or whatever part people play in each other's lives want to forget, or completely amputate people they once had something solid with? It makes no sense. Doesn't the past play a part?

And why is it that things always end up getting back to square one. Always. Its a cycle. Honestly. Like nothing ever happened. You don't even acknowledge the existence of something like this happening. Just move on to, "yeah, we're weird". And that's it. Move on. Pick up where we left.
But this time it was different. I have been deleted. I have deleted. But never has it gotten to being blocked on "facebook". So, it feels a little different even coming back.

Like before but with a certain level of indifference. There is no pressure. there is no trying too hard. Its all very laid back. It doesn't feel the same. But then I don't want it to. Because, that's how the trouble starts, right?

I can't decide. This probably confuses someone who knows nothing as to what I am talking about as much as it confuses me! Really. As Vidya would say, "You people are messed up".

Yes, WE ARE WEIRD! WEIRD, INDEED .

8 comments:

Panvi said...

U asked "doesnt past play a role?" it does. But good past or bad - that is what makes the difference - our mind makes the difference - what we choose to remember - thats how past makes a diffrnce. N depending on that we choose to link or not link ourselves with each other. Sad but very true! and not actually sad in a lot of cases.

n as far as blocking is concerned..tel me one thing..if u have 2 roads in frnt of u, u'd ALWAYs be in a dilemma, but if one is blocked, u dont have to make the effort of making a choice :) Making choices is so much more tougher! of course the obvious question is - y should someone else get to decide for you?! How dare he/she do it! but luk at wat he/she has ended up doing - saving u an effort, heh rite? :)

i really dont know if ive made any sense to you, bt i jst felt moved n wanted to write, perhaps show u my peception of the situation..

swati said...

Ah, well as far What we choose to remember goes we'd always remember what makes us happy, in most cases. so won't our judgment be slightly off balance? we'd want to give and have second chances. and only good past can make such things so revolting.

i don't know about the two roads. there has never been the need for 2 roads. its newly constructed. and i don't want to go there. But i guess you are right.

my response towards things change by the hour. i'm weird. :p

and thanks for reading it. :)

JJ said...

I think I largely agree with Panvi. I've been guilty once or twice of using the 'pre-emptive strike' - pushing people away before they get around to rejecting me. That way, you get to be in control, although I think it's a form of weakness and I don't recommend it.

I've been blocked from a couple of people's blogs recently - in one case I don't even know why! When that happens, I remind myself that the sudden sting is just a blow to the ego. Once I get that realisation established, I find it easy to let people go, no matter what the history.

swati said...

Maybe I am not grown up enough to realise it so quickly or maybe I just don't want to let go. Letting go of something like that is difficult. But I guess, people come and go and I have to get used to this. One of my friends also tried to tell me this. Like this time it was because of things I had control over but what would I do when I lose people because of things I don't control or that can't be changed at all. Tough.

But honestly all of a sudden it has become so much more easier to let things go. Its all becoming normal.
By the way, I feel so different being this free. Its weird. I don't know why.

JJ said...

Most things in life are weird when you really start to think about them. Life's weird. I'm reasonably sure it's all a game anyway, so you can feel and be and do whatever you want. It's nobody's business but yours. Until you get a romantic partner or have children. Then things get a bit more complicated

swati said...

So, destined to get complicated from the start. that's why this was tough.

JJ said...

Ah, that sort of problem. The rules are different for everybody with that one. You have my sympathy. Romance can be a killer to a sensitive person. It's a lot of fun in retrospect, but at the time it can be like a drug addiction - alternating fixes and cold turkey.

swati said...

It WAS a complicated one too. weird. ah, i don't know. forget it.

:\