Sunday, July 11, 2010

love hurts

heartbreak is not a everyday thing, nor is it a everybody thing. its for those select few who give themselves up completely to their emotions, eventually to be hurt. and it becomes an everyday thing for those who just can't seem to move on. people might tell them how inane all their wait or anticipation for change in their former beloved's feelings is, but it just doesn't penetrate their emotion clogged brain. and going through the pain of heartbreak is no small feat, my friend. its easier to fight battles, with bare hands, than to tackle a broken heart. boy, gladiators had it easy. things like, 'time heals all wounds' and 'everything happens for a reason' might also be thrown into the pep-talk given to you to make you 'realize' that there is hope. but there isn't. for you its dark, the sun won't come up, the flowers won't bloom and breathing normally becomes a challenge. i'm not being theatrical. this is, in fact, how it feels to be deprived of what you long for, not have what you know is yours, what will make you happy. its gone. puff! in smoke. leaving you staring blankly into nothingness, while your friends try to keep your spirits high by telling you how good you are! the hole in your soul hurts, like a physical wound. there is no painkiller for that. the duration of this pain varies from weeks to forever, engraved in your memory, depending upon the intensity with which you felt for that person. people in love will never dare to love again, afraid, too vulnerable. even after a lot of time has gone by, there are moments, even when life is blissful, that you snap into that state of loss, pain, longing and helplessness that everything becomes depressing.
love hurts.

4 comments:

JJ said...

May one who doesn't know you offer an opinion on the basis of what you write?

Your writing style suggests a restless, driving personality that expects a lot of yourself and a lot of the world.

You have your eyes wide open.

I think you are ruled by your ego, but that your undoubted intelligence will soon mature into wisdom and lead you to a calmer place.

I hope that doesn't make you angry. I'm often wrong. I enjoyed reading your posts.

swati said...

thanks. i am not angry. and actually, you were right. :)

JJ said...

You don't blog much, do you? I keep looking.

swati said...

Nah. Not that regularly. I always try. I guess I will now.:)