Saturday, October 2, 2010

I know I didn't finish my last blog. But, now I have lost the string of thoughts so I am finding it a little difficult to get back to it. So, I'll just say that I have a problem fitting in. but then it does nothing to stop me. Its not like I need social interactions to keep me going. I'm pretty independent that way. And I don't exactly believe that I am a loner. Anyway, its nice to be able to connect with people. But still am here to do something monumental, that's what I am concentrating on, for now. :)

5 comments:

JJ said...

Monumental? Do you know what, exactly?

swati said...

Yes, actually I do. You see I live in India. There is a lot of stuff that is wrong with this place. And I've seen tonnes of people complain and not do a thing. They don't take up the job to correct it, in fact, end up fueling the whole corruption process. There is a way this can be changed. there have been examples, people who have done it. The only problem is, such people are so few in number. The number is increasing, surely. And its a good thing. I wanna be one of those who bring this change for the simple reason of being comfortable to look out on the road and not feel disgusted and guilty by the picture that plays out there, even in the nation's capital, let alone the far off towns and villages. A lot needs to be changed. I was thinking of going into the governmental system. Change it from within.

JJ said...

I truly wish you well, Swati. I’m sure you know that the only effective way to right wrongs is to get to the root of them. It’s often the case that the villains are themselves victims of something bigger, often more subtle, more complex, and more difficult to find. That’s something that politicians often don’t do. They just chip away at the branches because they’re the bits the public can see.

swati said...

Thanks. :)
What I am aiming at isn't politics, its bureaucracy. Although, it never happens that one doesn't get affected by the other.

JJ said...

I think the problem with being a bureaucrat is that they don’t make the strategic decisions. That’s the politicians’ job. On the other hand, if they’re working at a local level they see things that politicians don’t see or don’t care about. They’re also in a better position to do something about them.

Another problem, though. Bureaucracy is designed to live by and enforce the rules and accepted modes of behaviour. It’s inherently intolerant of anything radical. And it’s inflexible. Sometimes, therefore, in trying to right wrongs, you first have to fight your own system. Which doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try, of course, and some people have been successful.

I still wish you luck.